How to Add a User to a WordPress Website
Follow steps 1 to 4 in this screenshot when you need to add a new user to your WordPress website.
Keep in mind:
- It might sound obvious, but make sure you set a strong password. WordPress websites are a common target for hackers and spammers.
- You should also install a security plugin, like “Limit Login Attempts”.
- Set the appropriate “Role”. The role of “Administrator” has the capacity to erase your website. This is what WordPress says about each Role:
- Subscribers can read comments/comment/receive newsletters, etc. but cannot create regular site content.
- Contributors can write and manage their posts but not publish posts or upload media files.
- Authors can publish and manage their own posts, and are able to upload files.
- Editors can publish posts, manage posts as well as manage other people’s posts, etc.
- Administrators have access to all the administration features.